Saturday, December 17, 2011

Who thinks that Becoming Jane was not the best hollywood could do for Jane Austen?

I know Hollywood has to add its touch to their products, but her life was good enough to not change anything.|||Actually, I think Becoming Jane WAS probably the best the present Hollywood could do! By that I mean it could have been MUCH worse. Think about it: they could have turned Jane Austen into a man-hating rebel who had a secret affair with Ann Radcliffe after having an affair with a married man and giving birth to his child. It makes one shudder to think what they might have done.





I admit that I rather enjoyed the movie - I haven't read the book - even though they made more of Tom Lefroy then there was and changed the way Jane would have behaved.





I just wish they would at least keep in mind the times instead of giving the people at the time modern sensibilities and behaviors. It would be nice if they would be true to the way people behaved then (Jane would never have considered running away with a man, for instance) and the morals of the times (men and women didn't even kiss before marriage). THAT was a big part of the problem I had with the Keira Knightley Pride and Prejudice.|||I don't think they changed anything. I know that she never married and that was supposedly in love with that man (the james mcavoy character) but they never married. Also, her close relationship with her own sister is what Jane and Elizabeth was based off of. I liked the movie overall, not a huge Anne H. fan though|||I don't know what they changed, because I haven't studied her, but it seemed like they didn't change much, because her book was based off her life, and Becoming Jane was almost the exact same as the Pride and Prejudice movies.|||Oh not the best - but it was ok. I mean, I liked it and didn't hate it. If I had never seen it I think that would have been ok so maybe it was bad. LOL.





I did like Anne Hathaway as Jane, though. I think that was well cast.|||I was so disappointed with that movie... I was expecting something like Pride and Prejudice (not the story line, but the scenery and acting, etc) but couldn't believe how cheesy Becoming Jane was.|||I watched the movie and didn't really like it|||Honestly, I didn't bother with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment